All 29 art Reviews

Part-Time Job Part-Time Job

Beautiful contrast!

It fills you with determinarion It fills you with determinarion

Out of all the fan art I've seen for the game this has to be my favorite one!
Love the render!!

Magical dragon of badassery Magical dragon of badassery

Great idea!
Beautifully executed.

themefinland responds:

Monsterbag Monsterbag

Beautiful!

Fearless (Promo Art) ver.1 Fearless (Promo Art) ver.1

Hola Manuel,

Me imagino que hablas español, pero solo por si acaso... te responderé en inglés.

Hey Manuel. I am honored by you asking me for some critique in your work.

First of all, I will tell you that we all start somewhere, don't get discouraged if someone gives you a bad review or a bad comment. On the other hand, praise and good comments can hurt your way as an artist.
My first advise would be to make yourself your own critic, go at your own pace, and look objectively at your own work. People stop making art when they start getting bad reviews, they get scared and they are constantly bombarded by it.
Hell, even I took down a piece from Newgrounds from all the shit it was getting some years ago.

Don't stop because of negativity and don't bask yourself in good reviews as you will think you are good enough, no one is ever good enough.

Ok, so for this piece:
The thing that strikes me the most are the hands. The girl has two right hands, and the boy has a right hand where his left hand should be. I know it, we all know it. Hands are hard as hell, my advise is to draw 5 minutes of hands everyday and look at milt kahl's hand drawings for reference.

The robot in the middle has a dynamic pose but it can be pushed even farther with a clearer line of action.

Composition wise it looks good but you should focus on one point in your piece for the audience to see first. Right now it all points into the robots head, if that was your intention then great.
If not, you can always find ways to make your composition stronger. Look at rule of 3'ds 5'ths and 7'ths, golden ratio, and foreground, midground and background for more info.

Looks like you have a lot of imagination and that is great. Just make sure you don't lose that as you draw countless gesture drawings and keep the spark of art in yourself lit.

I hope this helps you and I hope you are successful in your future art.

Cheers,
Hugo Blendl.

ManuelTacoface responds:

Hey dude, first of all, thanks for getting back to me and with great detail too lol. Also yeah, hands are not my forte, it's pretty blatant, I'll be sure to use those hand references for next time. The robot's head was also meant to be the focus, so it's good to know that it stood out from the rest of the piece like I had intended it to be. All in all, I'm aware I did some mistakes, but this originally intended to be a quick sketch to fill in for the time being while I finish up the final product, in which I promise I'll work out the kinks so be sure to stay tuned!

Taylor Swift Taylor Swift

This is great! I love the hair.
Any tips of how to draw hair for the people that suck doing so?

mlillustration responds:

Thank You so much!!! Yeah...group them together. I did this basic hair tutorial about a year ago. I think it is still somewhat relevant. http://marclopezillustration.blogspot.com/p/tutorial-basic-hair-processtutorial.html

She-Devil She-Devil

Awesome work! It does feel like Otto Schmidt so kudos on that.
I love the light blue highlight you got going on and the really sexy shapes.
Keep up the amazing work!

mlillustration responds:

Thank you very much...I just love his work. I love the fact that he mixes really pale pastel colors. Need to learn more from him.

Reject Panel Reject Panel

Great as always!

Sonne Sonne

Ugh, this sucks in a very beautiful and awesome way.

M1as responds:

Its a kind of strange compliment but thenk you :)

heavy camouflaged whale hunter heavy camouflaged whale hunter

I've been following your art for years and you are one of my favorites and one of my biggest inspirations.
Keep making stuff like this please!

RootsenSneeky responds:

wow, thanks a lot! Despite this piece is quite old, i also Still like it. (:

manchmal hat man einfach einen guten Smuf.